As part of their social responsibility and charity program, the SM College Scholarship Program of SM Foundation will accept application for high school students of Olongapo City on Tuesday, March 13, 2012. Interested applicants are advised to proceed to the 3rd floor of SM City Olongapo starting at 10 AM wearing their school uniforms with the following documents:
1. Form 138 or Fourth Year High School Card with the second or third grading period's weighted average of 88% or better.
2. Latest Income Tax Return or Certificate of Non-filing of Income of parents or guardians. Annual income must not exceed P150,000.00
Selected applicants will receive monthly stipend in addition to matriculation fees. The Foundation will monitor closely the activities of each scholars by providing them with training programs and value formation seminars, Holy Retreat, educational tours and even Christmas parties. Each summer vacation, scholars are also given summer jobs to enable them to earn and increase their allowances.
Selected applicants can pursue their college education in the fields of:
1. Computer Science
2. Information Technology
3. Information Management
4. Engineering ( Computer, Elctronics & Communications, Civil, Electrical & Mechanical)
5. Elementary Education
6. Secondary Education ( Major in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or English)
8. BSC/BSBA Major in Accountancy.
SM Foundation was founded in 1993.
When I graduated from high school, my only hope of going to college was through scholarship because I belonged to a poor family. Luckily I passed the State Scholarship Program of the Philippine Government. Aside from that, I was also chosen as one of the scholars of the University of the Philippines Experimental Democratization Students (UPXDS) Scholarship. I owed by being now from that scholarship. To all poor and deserving students, do not worry. Someone and other entity will offer you the path that will lead to the attainment of your dreams.